The property was originally logged in approximately 1930.  The crews lived in the "Stillwater logging camp", now a Chevron and the Stillwater store, nearby...  The old growth stumps tell the story of loggers, using spring boards and hand saws - somehow bringing down the towering 250 foot cedar trees and taking them down the hill to the Snoqualmie river.  The second growth forest that grew up is now 75 years old.
Ground breaking was May of 2003.  The following photos show the construction of the house: